Patern: Simplicity 2584, view B
Fabric: Amy Butler, Daisy Chain line
Alterations: I sized down based on finished garment measurements, left the fold detail off of the bottom of the dress, and added a hook and eye about 1" above the bottom of the front slit.
I also added a bit of length to the dress. The trendier patterns seem to be running on the short size, in my 5'4" opinion.
If I sew this pattern again, I will omit all of the interfacing. Quilting cotton has enough body already-and when a facing is included I find that adding interfacing just makes the garment too stiff. In fact, I might even leave off the yolk facing, too.
I will also bring the slit in the yolk up by several inches.
This pattern was really easy to sew up, and the instructions were very detailed. I would recommend it-but be sure to check the finished garment measurements before cutting!
There aren't any detail pictures of the facing, but that's because I spilled ice cream on it. :P I wasn't sure if I wanted the yolk to be as pronounced as it is on the pattern envelope, so I was pleasantly surprised when the busy print camouflaged the yolk a bit!
It's too warm for the 3/4 length sleeves right now, but this will make a great fall dress/tunic.