Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Simple Life

I just love the Make Life... fabric line by Sweetwater.  It is bright, fresh, modern, and so much fun to work with!

I pieced this quilt from:
1 charm pack
1/2 yard of 1 accent fabric for border
1 1/2 yards for binding and backing



After using a simple piecing design, I wanted to try some fun quilting.  I played around with some straight line quilting on this piece, and I really like the secondary design that the quilting creates.  I started with some grid quilting 1/4" away from the pieced edges and added diagonal lines also set 1/4" from the pieced intersections.  The combination of grid quilting and some diagonal quilting created a simple, modern design that complements the fabric line really well!

I love this line so much that I may have to buy another charm pack to make a table runner for myself!

 


Measuring 32" x 36", this quilt would be great as a table topper or a stroller quilt.  Add a splash of color to your kitchen or nursery with this fun modern quilt, now for sale in the shop!


No comments: