Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Anna Tunic

I love this dress!  I'm really glad I took a chance with this floral print, because I think it makes the entire dress.

Pattern: Amy Butler's Anna Tunic
Fabric: Amy Butler, Love line

Alterations:  After reading reviews, I took 1" off the bottom of the armscye to enlarge the opening.  I think I need to take another 1/2" off for comfort.  I omitted the lining, and I added 2" to the hem line by adding 1" to the pattern and sewing a 1" hem rather than a 2" hem.  Because I didn't line the dress, I had to finish the bottom edge of the armscye-I used bias binding.

 

Details:
 

And with a wider belt:

I don't love the belt from the pattern.  I actually like the shift style with no belt, or the wide white belt.

The pattern was easy to follow and had great instructions.  I might change the construction a bit next time.  And I think the neckline could use some alterations so that it isn't quite as high in the front.
I really like the flower detail, and the construction was very forgiving.  I wasn't going to include the flower, but it really adds to the dress!

1 comment:

SewLindaAnn said...

Thanks for sharing your info and pics. I'm new to "garment" attempts and am half way thru my first. I purchased the tunic pattern (along with tons of other patterns in anticipation) and have no idea what an arm scye is (I'm assuming under the arm). All this to say, You post just enough pictures and lots of good information. Can you tell me where you read pattern reviews? Have a great day!