Friday, January 28, 2011

Little Red Dress

Last fall my college roomie was in town to photograph a mutual friend's wedding. We try to coordinate family pictures whenever Melissa comes to Illinois, but this year Matt was in Seattle each time that she was here. Knowing that her visit in October was going to be my last chance at pictures for awhile, I decided to have her shoot me and Addy. (And the prints made a great Christmas gift for Matt!)
As soon as we set the date, I started debating what Addy and I should wear. I loved this dress kit from the first time I saw it, and I decided that this was a good opportunity to buy it! I think it turned out really cute, and it photographed so well.

Some of my favorite shots:
All photos are courtesy of Melissa McClure Photography.

The dress turned out great, we had a fun day with Melissa, and Matt loves the photos!

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Cute! I love that Etsy store, too.

felicity said...

Adorable!! The dress, the photos, Addy, you...everything!

Lynn said...

OO so cute! I love the knee high socks! I try and sneak those on my 4 yo whenever I can. The dress in perfect and the photos a treasure.

Matt said...

It was my favorite gift..... Both girls are so beautiful in these pictures

C said...

This dress is too cute. I really love the fabric.

Becky said...

Wow! Great pictures! I was just looking back at some old pictures of me as a kid with hand-made dresses that my mom had made. Such a treasure! And such a nice was to capture those memories!

Emily said...

Adorable! I love the dress and the pictures are great!!

Naturally Carol said...

The red riding hood dress is very special and looks lovely on her.

Tasha Horsley said...

so very sweet! :)