Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stacey's Hope Valley

My family came to visit for my birthday this weekend, so my sister brought her quilt and camera along.  She lives in the middle of Chicago, where there are few photo opps for a king size quilt.  We didn't have too many options around my house either, especially with it being really bright out today.  So we just grabbed a few chairs and tried to arrange ourselves in a bit of shade.

Quilt details:
Pattern is Stacking the Odds by Denyse Schmidt
Fabric is Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt.
I used the king size arrangement (queen size has 1 less pieced strip), but I cut a few inches off of each side to make it fit on the quilting frame.  I think finished size was about 88" tall and 99" wide.
My sister chose a loop pattern for the quilting, and a dark grey (kona coal) for the back.

  

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Very cute. I think I'm going to have to make this using Authentic this weekend. Very nice.