Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A few gifts for guys

Awhile back I mentioned to Matt that I had found a tutorial for making lunch bags. He has always tossed his lunch into a grocery bag on his way out the door, but this time he said he might like a handmade lunch bag! I directed him to Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow line, and he immediately chose the herringbone print. Unfortunately, the blue herringbone was out of stock at my favorite online shop for quite awhile. By the time I got the fabric, Matt's birthday and our anniversary were over - and so it became a Christmas gift!
I used this tutorial, and I really love how this bag turned out. I used rip stop nylon for the lining because I couldn't find any pul in my stash. I liked that the nylon is less bulky than pul. I also added a handle at the top of the bag, and I highly recommend topstitching the outside edges as described at the end of the tutorial. It just looks so fancy!
 I think these are my favorite details:

And another great guy gift: pillowcases! I bought this fabric in a pillowcase kit. As soon as I saw it, I knew that my step dad would love it. These are so fast and easy to sew up, and who doesn't need a stylish pillowcase? Happy birthday, Bob!

No comments: