Friday, February 3, 2012

The last of the Christmas gifts!

I have lots of projects that I'd like to blog about, so I'm going to wrap up the Christmas gifts in one last post.
I found this on pinterest a few weeks before Christmas and knew these would make great gifts. I found a scarf at a local thrift shop and used some scraps for the characters.
DSC_0125 DSC_0139 
The puppy dog went to a friend down the street and I put the queen in Addy's stocking. The other 2 were for a good friend's little boys. I had them in mind from the beginning of this project, because they have a very tall staircase, perfect for parachuting!
DSC_0141
The two boys who received the parachuters now have a baby sister! I made her a small (14" square) lovey with jumbo ric-rac trim and some cuddly Folksy Flannels on the back.
DSC_0153

DSC_0154
I did very little sewing for Addy this year. I made this yoga skirt from a knit remnant:
DSC_0100
Addy has been asking for Squinkies for awhile, so I bought her a few from the Ariel set. I didn't want these tiny creatures lost around the house, so I made a drawstring pouch for them. (Fabrics are Melly and Me and Summersault.)
DSC_0173
And lastly, Addy has been on a play-doh kick lately. Matt's favorite play-doh toy as a child was the fuzzy pumper, which I couldn't find at Target. Instead I found a small set of play-doh "tools", which also required a drawstring bag! I made this bag larger to accomodate the many tubs of play-doh, cookie cutters, and other random household objects that are perfect for playing with 'doh. (Fabrics are Sugar Pop.)
DSC_0171
We rounded out Addy's gifts with some clothes, card games, and a new Ariel doll. With the gifts from us and our families, she has more than enough to keep her imagination busy!

1 comment:

felicity said...

Wonderful gifts! I love the bags especially, with the vinyl windows. Perfect!