Saturday, February 4, 2012

Elephants!

I bought some of this fabric to make some simple pillows for my parents. They were originally going to be for Christmas, but then my sister and brother had the idea to buy them each one gift from all of us. I was still able to finish up the pillows before we visited our families last week, and I gave my parents the pillows for their birthdays.
Here are the pillow covers (fabric on the back is an older Tina Givens print - I love that all of her collections work so well together!):
DSC_0227
On the pillow fronts I quilted in a paisley pattern, and on the backs I quilted in a grid:
DSC_0229
I also made this cute ornament from some felted wool. I found a similar ornament online and asked a friend to sketch the pieces for me. I love how it turned out, and I had just enough wool to make one for our tree as well! DSC_0202 
The cute braided tail:
DSC_0203

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Love your elephant pillow and the little decoration is so cute!!

Christie describeHappy said...

Loving all the elephants and that ornament is so darling!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

All so cute.