Saturday, April 9, 2011

Quilt Race

I have a finished quilt that I'm dying to share. But I haven't taken good pics yet, and I think I'm going to wait until after the move. That will ensure that it's safely in the arms of it's new owner without ruining the surprise. I did some new-to-me piecing and quilting on this one, and boy do I love it!

Now about that quilt race... A few days ago I ordered some fabric from Pink Chalk Fabrics, and it arrived at my doorstep on Friday.
I've been playing with layout ideas in my head ever since I ordered this fabric. I need to have the quilt pieced, quilted, and partially bound by the end of April. Once my house is packed we will be staying with a friend for a few days, so I should have a little bit of time to hand sew the binding. Did I mention that in addition to working on this quilt, I need to finish packing up my house? And then load it into those moving cube thingies? Stay tuned for more details on the quilt. Maybe I'll even post about my "design" process for this quilt. Hmm....
This fabric found it's way into my shopping cart, too. I love those dots, they scream 1989 to me. And since I can never limit myself to buying just one fabric in a line, I went with my second favorite print as a coordinate. For now, these guys are "look but don't touch". After the move I think they are destined to be a grocery bag. Fabric line is Sugar Pop by Liz Scott.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I also am embarking on a quilt race for the end of the month...though I am not moving at the same time. You crazy lady, you!