Monday, March 28, 2011

Someone thinks I'm cool!

Have you seen the fun awards floating around blogland lately? Awhile back I received the Liebster Award, and now Kristen at K*D Quilts has given me the Stylish Blogger Award! (Don't forget to check out Kristen's blog, she even has a Blythe doll which I'm totally jealous of!)


stylish_blogger_award8.jpg

Now, that award stuff...here's what I'm supposed to do:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 6 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.

I'm not sure that I can think of 7 things about myself that I haven't already blabbered about on here, but I'll try:

1. In my previous life, I worked in a microbiology/molecular biology lab. I also have experience culturing human kidney cells (different job). Creepy, huh?
2. I love junk food. 
3. I run. I don't love it as much as junk food, but I've found that if I love junk food I need to moderately like running. Cute running clothes help, too.
4. I have an almost 4-year old daughter. She likes to pretend that she has sisters and brothers, and any time I ask their names, she makes something up. Like Dillawie. That's her brother, apparently.
5. I started quilting in 2002 when my mom wanted to learn. I thought I'd make one quilt with her, and then slowly back away while she kept sewing along.
6. I'm not psychic (see #5 above).
7. I like math, and I hate history. Math makes sense, and it works the brain. History is boring.

And here are the 6 blogs that I would like to award:

I hope you take a few minutes to check out all of the fun blogs above! There's lots of inspiration to be had. ;)

4 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

haha! congrats! It's always interesting to see what people do in their 'non- quilting' life! Fascinating that you were a molecular biologist!

Susan said...

Oh no, you think history is boring? Does that mean that your not listening to The History Quilter Podcast? (that's me!) Not to worry, you still rock. :)

felicity said...

BFFs! I love math and hate history, too. I am filling in my shockingly poor history education with historical novels. And I'm not ashamed of it in the least!!

SeeingStars said...

I can understand how you were chosen for this award. Yours is one of the blogs I try to visit daily. Thanks for sharing other blog links. I'll check them out. ps... I like junk food too. Therefore I jog.