Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Modern Relief Win!

Last year a bunch of quilters got together to host a fundraising raffle. For every $10 that you donated to World Vision, you received 1 raffle ticket. The winners of the raffle received a modern quilt! (You can read more about the event and see the quilts here.)
I don't win very often, but I wanted to give anyway. The raffle continued for a week and a half, but the winners weren't announced for another 2 weeks. I was anxiously waiting to see the results (they raised over $5000!), but I never expected to actually win. When Katy from I'm A Ginger Monkey emailed me to say that I'd won her quilt, I was so excited! I was actually on my way to Seattle that day, so I was busy trying to get Addy to preschool, show my mother in law where to take her and pick her up, and get myself to the airport. I skimmed through Katy's email on my phone as I was running out the door!
Here are a few pics of the fun quilt that arrived at my doorstep:
 I love the golf cart ribbon! Matt is a huge golfer, so I'm saving the ribbon for just the right project.
 I was beyond excited to see some Flea Market Fancy! (Here's my deepest, darkest quilting secret: I don't have a single piece of FMF. Never have. I love it, but I didn't know anything about it until it was far too expensive for me to consider!)
 More FMF and some Katie Jump Rope!
I think I'll hand stitch the label to the back of the quilt. That way the details will stay with the quilt forever!

I couldn't decide what to do with the quilt (wall hanging? Let Addy use it?), so right now it's stacked with my very first quilt. It makes a cute will quilt stack to look at in my sewing room.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Lucky you!!! That is an incredible quilt!

felicity said...

Wow! Congratulations on your awesome win!! I am in the same boat as you re: FMF. I got some FMF hexies as a little bonus in a swap, but other than that, nothing.

MadeByMeaghan said...

Awesome! And I don't own any FMF either! It's okay. We're still legit, I'm sure. :)

Kristie said...

Congrats! So pretty!