Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Argyle, it's not just for sweaters any more!

The dining room is complete!  We had the argyle wall about 75% complete when we really came to grips with the fact that we will be moving soon.  And I thought about repainting it to match the other 3 walls.  But we (Matt) worked so hard, I just couldn't paint over it.  It's one of those things that homebuyers will either love or hate.  And if they *really* hate it, I'll repaint it for them!

Before (walls were a sage green color):



I think this is actually my favorite part of the room:


We are really happy with how it turned out.  And we already have plans for what we can do with argyle in the next house!

In case anyone is interested, this is the tutorial that we used for the argyle wall.  It provided great details for how to get started, which was the hardest part.  The biggest change we made was with the thin yellow stripe that runs through the diamonds.  For those, I marked the centers of all sides of the diamonds and taped off the lines.  I just eyeballed the thickness of the line, and I like the variety that it resulted in.

I'm just about done with my sewing room.  I have 2 wallhangings left to create, and then I'll share pictures of that project!

No comments: