Monday, January 3, 2011

Some Nicey Jane Pillows

I ordered a charm pack of Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane line awhile back, and didn't realize until it arrived that the line only had 20-some prints in it. So I tucked it away with the other charms that I'm...um...collecting. Then a few weeks ago I went digging through my stash for some inspiration. I chose 9 prints from the pink colorway and 9 prints from the blue colorway to create pillows.
Each pillow was pieced as a simple 9-patch. I quilted the pink pillow with simple straight lines 1/4" from the seams. This pillow is a gift for Matt's grandma.
I decided to give the blue pillow to my good friend, Leslie. I'm not sure if it will go with anything in her house, but the colors and prints in this pillow made me think of her. I spent a lot of extra time on this pillow, because I wanted to do something special with the quilting. I settled on a free motion paisley print and I just love how it turned out! I'd really like to see this on a whole quilt, but it sure is time consuming.
The pillows were a big hit!

8 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Beautiful pillows!! The quilting is great too! Jenn

Thimbelina said...

They're both gorgeous! It's amazing how the change of quilting makes them so completely different!

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

Wow...I just checked out Heathers site...luv it...Your such a good influence...lol...your pillows are beautifull.

Christie describeHappy said...

The pillow turned out delightful! I also like the quilting you chose. Your free motion is beautiful!

Kristie said...

I love this line! And your quilting is fantasic. Envy, envy! Super job!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Gorgeous!! I just adore Nicey Jane, it makes me feel all smiley :)

Naturally Carol said...

Love those nicey jane cushions and the way you have used the colours!

Quiltstory said...

Wow, those turned out beautiful! Thanks for linking to Quiltstory!