Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hexie Chains Quilt Pattern!

I'm so excited to finally share this quilt and accompanying pattern! I created this quilt a year ago as a custom order for my aunt. I love the design, and I think this is one of my favorite quilts!


The pattern is deceptively simple, and involves NO y-seams! It would be suitable for an intermediate quilter, or a confident beginner who is careful when handling pieces with bias edges.

I designed the quilt using the Hex N More ruler by Julie Herman of JayBird Quilts, but paper templates are also included if you don't have the ruler.

For my sample quilt, I chose fabrics from Bella and Glimma by Lotta Jansdotter. The large hexagons show off the prints really well! The background is a grey kona (ash, perhaps?), the border is yarn-dyed essex in denim, and the binding is a text print from Architextures.


I quilted the quilt in the "honeycomb" quilting style, which I found over at Crazy Mom Quilts!

You can find the Hexie Chains Quilt Pattern on Craftsy or Etsy!


Paper copies of most of my patterns are now available as well! Ruby Scissors Quilt Shop in Glens Falls, NY now carries them. I will update when they are available in more shops.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to purchase a paper copy. I'm happy to ship them out to you!

3 comments:

Rosa said...

Brillian!

Heather D. said...

Nikki, it's fantastic! Love Glimma too.

Can't figure out the construction...no y-seams? I'm curious!

Weaveron Textile said...

this idea is best.