Friday, September 11, 2009

Quilter's Braille

I love the feel of heavy quilting.  Something about how the fabric becomes sort of ridged....maybe it's because I *know* how much work went into all of the quilting!

I finished the sushi table runner with a lot of echo quilting, which is why I have the feel of densely quilted fabric on my mind!  Instead of echoing the applique pieces, I choose to echo the curves of the "platter".  I'm really happy with how it turned out!  I hope it does well in the sale!


I also started *and* finished a bag tonight!  I made this bag years ago, and I still love to use it because it's a great shape (and I used some really great fabrics in it!).  I'm not really happy with how the bag is finished, though.  So I took the eclectic messenger bag style and changed how the bag was finished off.  I'm really happy with the finished product, and hopefully I'll have time to alter my old bag soon!  I've already taken everything apart, so it should go pretty fast!  Here's the new bag, which will also be at the sale!


I don't have pics of my old bag, but the general construction is much different.  The original pattern involved 2 large main compartmentts and using binding on the edges of the bag.  It's a cute design, but the problem is with the strap.  I could never get the bag to sit right, because the strap was threaded under the bag, sort of.  I changed it up so that the bag was constructed like a typical messenger bag-except that it has a "flap" on both sides.  It still has much of the personality, and is a lot more user-friendly :)

No comments: